While Wilmington is not expecting any accumulation of snow from Winter Storm Jonas, there will be rain, cold temperatures, and a strong possibility of icy conditions.
Residents should not be worried, but they should be cautious. We’ve done a post before on preparing for a storm and we encourage our tenants and owners to brush up on these tips just in case! Below are some important takeaways for stormy weather:
- Know where your main water shut-off is in the event of an emergency.
- Make sure that you have some bottled water and non-perishable food on hand.
- Have sufficient food for your pets and keep their collars on. Have their leashes handy too!
- Fill your car with gas and take out some cash prior to the storm.
- Have important contact numbers written down.
- Keep your electronics plugged in and charging in case you lose power.
- Have flashlights and extra batteries on hand.
- Gather blankets in case you lose heat. You can also invest in mylar blankets or a generator.
- Avoid driving during heavy rain or icy conditions.