On rainy days, we love to curl up with a good book (like Phyllis from The Office) or slip away to a cozy coffee shop!
Wilmington is known for it’s great outdoor activities, but there are several indoor places that are perfect for a rainy day. Below is our list of the best rainy day activities in Wilmington NC!
Best for the Bookworm:
- The Used Bookery – 6770 Market St, Wilmington, NC 28405
The Used Bookery is tucked away on Market Street in a small strip that can be easily missed. But don’t miss this bookstore that boasts a great selection of used books with a knowledgeable and friendly staff. We can always spend a decent amount of time in here.
- Two Sisters Bookery – 318 Nutt St, Wilmington, NC 28401
Two Sisters Bookery is tucked away in The Cotton Exchange, which is a great place to linger around on a rainy day with its many great shops and restaurants. Their are several great books on Wilmington, plus small gifts and cards.
- Luna Caffe – 604 Castle St, Wilmington, NC 28401
We’ve posted about Luna Caffee before, as it has the perfect ‘stay and unwind’ vibe. Bring your computer and plan your next vacation, or catch up with a friend over a game like connect four.
Best for Kids:
- Defy Gravity – 6431 Market St, Wilmington, NC 28405
Two words: Trampoline Park. If your little ones are looking to burn off some energy, head to Defy Gravity and let them bounce the day away.
- Fit for Fun Center – 302 S 10th St, Wilmington, NC 28401
Perfect for younger little ones, Fit for Fun Center features a ball pit, games, and activities.
Best for Exploring Wilmington’s History:
- Bellamy Mansion – 503 Market St, Wilmington, NC 28401
Bellamy Mansion, the beautiful white mansion that steals the show in downtown Wilmington is just as beautiful inside as it is outside. Tours are offered daily Tuesday-Sunday.
- The Wrightsville Beach Museum – 303 W Salisbury St, Wrightsville Beach, NC 28480
Learn about the history of the Wrightsville Beach area at this quaint museum that offers free admission!
Best Unique Experiences:
- Museum of The Bizarre – 201 S Water Street Wilmington, NC, 28401
The Museum of The Bizarre is a truly fun and unique addition to downtown Wilmington. See bizarre worldly and local items and stories. Admission is just $3.00.
- Cape Fear Serpentarium – 20 Orange St, Wilmington, NC 28401
Okay, so this one may not be for everyone, but it definitely is unique. The Serpentarium features -you guessed it- over 80 snakes and reptiles.
Best Bites on a Rainy Day:
- Fork N Cork – 122 Market St, Wilmington, NC 28401
Fork N Cork on Market Street is a new favorite of many Wilmington residents. The restaurant offers fun spins on comfort food and hearty burgers and sandwiches. Don’t leave without trying the Texas Poutine.
- The Copper Penny – 109 Chestnut St, Wilmington, NC 28402
Around the corner on Chestnut Street, the Copper Penny and it’s cozy saloon vibe are perfect for those rainy days you want to pair with a pint. The restaurant serves your fairly typically American bar fare, but don’t skimp on the sides- locals love their sweet potato fries and onion rings. Wash it all down with one of the many brews on draft.
- Osteria Cicchetti (aka “The OC”) – locations at Monkey Junction and The Forum
Osteria offers the perfect Italian plate for a rainy day. The restaurant offers several selections of pastas, pizzas, and fantastic seafood dishes. They also offer daily soup specials that are always otherworldly. We love to pair our flatbread with a cold cocktail from the bar at The Forum location!